How do you help entrepreneurs succeed? This short list was created after I spent 2 months working in my local community to build a network of entrepreneurs. I am sharing this list with the hope of engaging more people and getting some fresh ideas. Let me know what you think! Thanks, Jean
1) Build a community for them, Connect them to one another and to resource.
2) Use great examples to help them along the way, Inspiring people that I follow on Twitter include Guy Kawasaki, Vivek Wadhwa, Katie Rae, Bill Aulet , Brian Halligan, Robert Buderi, and there are many more. Everyday these people tweet amazing e-ship stories.
3) Celebrate entrepreneurship, This is central to the e-ship mission at MIT. Read more about it here: http://entrepreneurship.mit.edu/main/services
4) Convince them that stealth mode can be death mode, Read this blog post, warning it is harsh: http://upandrunning.bplans.com/2011/02/18/ultimate-advice-to-stealth-mode-startups-just-stop/
5) Remind them it’s all about their team, success and failure are often the result of the strengths of the team. Funding organizations (every type) see great team=great company.
6) Understand the entrepreneurs, Listen and learn from them so you can help them. Not all entrepreneurs are about speed and money, some want a life and a company. Watch this video to learn more: http://boingboing.net/2012/03/19/matt-haughey-on-the-joys-of-in.html