Seminar and Networking Lunch September 18 at UCONN, Avery Point Campus
Getting Started – The Foundation for Growth and Financing”
Speaker: Frank Marco, Partner, Wiggin and Dana LLP
Hear what entrepreneurs should consider in starting, growing & financing their business including:
- The essentials for building a scalable business
- When to create a legal entity
- LLC vs. corporate structure
- Basic intellectual property
- Equity Incentives/ Stock Options
- Allocation of Equity Among FounderS
- Considerations in financing a business
- Valuation – the theory and the reality
- Sources of financing and what is best for the business models
- Getting investors
- Use of angel investors
- Common early stage issues to avoid
- The role of mentors, advisors and directors
- How to work with outside professionals
10:00 AM Seminar-Marine Sciences Building – Room # 103 - 1st floor
12:00 PM Lunch-Marine Sciences Building – Board Room 3rd floor
RSVP to Mary Anne Rooke email@example.com
Co-working event planning underway please let us know if you are interested!
Any members interested in participating in a free co-working event, please indicate your interest with an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a few locations in mind but anyone who would like to suggest a venue please send that information to Jean. A venue must have wi-fi and nearby access to food and beverages.
Check out CTiHUB
CTiHUB is a centralized location to learn about news and information including programs and training for people who are seeking to start new ventures.
The purpose of the Connecticut iHub (CT iHUB) is to connect all innovation stakeholders to promote economic and business development. Innovation stakeholders are high tech small businesses, large corporations, research institutions, universities, federal and state agencies and citizens looking to get ahead.